Clapham Rangers Football Club are dedicated to developing and promoting girl’s football
In 2020 we will be signing enthusiastic girls to our two new girls only teams:
- Our under 9’s team will incorporate girls currently in years one, two and three
- Our under 11’s team will incorporate years four, five and six
To establish these two teams the club will be running Girls Academy at the Development Centre. This will be an opportunity for girls aged 6-11yrs to hone their football skills, technique and fitness. Our aim is to have two teams ready for the 2020/21 season.
- When: Saturday mornings from 10.00 to 11.30am
- Where: Clapham Rangers Development Centre, Clapham Common opposite Victoria Rise
- Bring: football boots or trainers and water for half time
- Cost £10.00 per session
Due to the current situation the club are strictly following social distancing guidance from the government and FA.
- Due to the current restrictions space is limited so we are asking parents to register their daughters prior to each session
- The club will email Girls Academy players a few days before each weekend to invite them to book for a session. Space is limited so if interested please look out for the email.
- These sessions are £10.00 and require payment when you register
If you are new to the Girls Academy and want to register with us to receive an invitation email to attend one of our social distancing sessions please register in advance on the Club database (Love Admin) by using the online form on our registration page via clicking this link
Please read this important information on how we run our sessions during covid-19
- We are only able to train in groups of six including the coach. We are therefore asking parents to pre-register their children before the session, if your child is not registered, they will not be able to join the session.
- Clapham Rangers ask you to bring hand sanitizer to use before training, at break time, and after training. If you do not have any or forget we will have a supply for all children and coaches
- Parents are encouraged to drop their children off and collect them at the end of the training. For parents unable to leave their children Clapham Rangers will allocate social distancing marked places (2 meters apart) for parents to safely stay
- We always recommend children bring water to training sessions, children will leave their water with a parent or at a water bottle cone stationed around the perimeter of the training area. We do not recommend children have a food snack at half time but wait until training has finished
- Clapham Rangers will cordon off a section of Clapham Common early on Saturday morning to ensure the children have enough safe space to train
- Clapham Rangers will have responsible adults nearby to ensure the 1:5 ratio of coach to children is strictly followed.
- Clapham Rangers will assess how busy the Common is and if the head coach assesses coaches, children and parents are unable to maintain safe distance training will stop
Important Information for Players
- Clapham Rangers will be undertaking training exercises only, we will not be undertaking any match play type activities
- Clapham Rangers will not use match goals in these sessions
- There will be absolutely no tackling in these sessions
- Clapham Rangers have created a training programme that ensure children are always able to remain at a minimum 2 meters apart however children must listen to coaches and personally adhere to this rule
- Clapham Rangers will follow strict hygiene measures with all equipment and will enforce a no touching of the ball policy
Important Information for Everyone
- Clapham Rangers expect all members, coaches and management to follow government guidance and if they (or their child) show any symptoms of COVID-19, they should NOT come to our sessions.