Club Notice – regarding COVID-19 safety guidelines following the government’s recent announcement on groups of 6.
Following the government’s announcement on Tuesday night banning groups larger than 6 (not including team sports) we wish to remind you of the FA’s guidelines and how the club are adhering to them.
• Every Clapham Rangers parent should self-assess and assess their child for COVID-19 symptoms before every training session or match. If you are symptomatic or living in a household with possible or actual COVID-19 infection you must not participate or attend and please inform the club immediately
• Competitive match play is still permitted, with social distancing in place before and after the match, and in any breaks in play. We ask all parents to social distance on the touchline. Please do not jeopardise the players return to football by flouting these new social distancing rules and maintain a maximum of 6 at all times
• Players should sanitise hands before and after a game as well as scheduled breaks throughout a game or training session. Coaches have been asked to have hand sanitiser but parents please to provide a bottle for their child. Water bottles are not to be shared and if possible, labeled.
• Ball handling should be kept to a minimum with most contact via a boot
• Excessive goal celebrations should be avoided and coaches will be reminded to ask their children to avoid bundling in groups unnecessarily
• Equipment should not be shared, and goalkeepers should ensure they disinfect their gloves regularly in breaks in training or matches and thoroughly afterwards. Where possible, coaches should only handle equipment in training
• Participants should follow best practice for travel including minimising use of public transport and walking or cycling if possible. People from a household or support bubble can travel together in a vehicle
The Club is “London County” FA affiliated with number W-LON6187 and receives guidance from the Fa and London County FA on a regular basis (see video below)
We are very much looking forward to the restart of the season and have arranged friendlies for every age group prior to kick off on October 3rd. We look forward to seeing you on Clapham Common