Saturday Development Sessions & Next Season Try-outs – Saturdays – 10am to 11:30am
Clapham Rangers Football Club have reopened development sessions but the process for joining has changed. We are running these sessions as try-outs for teams in the junior age groups for next season. Sessions will run each week, once your child has attended a session they will be invited back once all children have had an opportunity to attend. We are limited to registering 10 children per session and so are asking only those who are interested in joining a team to register. Places on our U7, U8 and U9 teams for the 2020-21 season are available. Our coaches will be running try-outs through a social distancing session which will be focusing on skills and fitness.
- Due to the current restrictions space is very limited so priority is given those registered with the Development Centre
- The club will email Development Centre players a few days before each weekend to invite them to book for a session. We are limited to 10 places per age group, so if interested please look out for the email.
- These sessions are £7.50 and require payment when you register
- Age groups – 6yrs, 7yrs or 8yrs old as of 31 August 202.
If your child is committed to football and eager to join a team (evening training mid-week, games every Saturday), please book following the link & instructions online (places limited to 10 players per age group):
If you are able to secure a booking, then come to Clapham Rangers Development Centre on Saturday for a 10:00 start for this first Development & Try-out session:
- Where: Clapham Rangers Development Centre, Clapham Common Long Road, opposite Victoria Rise, SW4 0AA
- Bring: football boots or trainers, and water
- The cost for the session is £7.50.
These sessions will be run in groups of 5 players to 1-2 coaches and will follow strict rules with regards to social distancing. There will be no tackling, no gameplay, no picking-up of the ball or other equipment.
We are hopeful to be able to offer every child a tryout by mid-July and will get back in touch for call backs following that.
Please read this important information before attending our session
We are following the government’s social distancing policy and strictly adhering to the FA guidelines on returning to football. Therefore, the process for joining and playing has changed.
Important Information for Parents
- We are only able to train in groups of six including the coach. We are therefore asking parents to pre-register their children before the session, if your child is not registered, they will not be able to join the session.
- Clapham Rangers ask you to bring hand sanitizer to use before training, at break time, and after training. If you do not have any or forget we will have a supply for all children and coaches
- Parents are encouraged to drop their children off and collect them at the end of the training. For parents unable to leave their children Clapham Rangers will allocate social distancing marked places (2 meters apart) for parents to safely stay
- We always recommend children bring water to training sessions, children will leave their water with a parent or at a water bottle cone stationed around the perimeter of the training area. We do not recommend children have a food snack at half time but wait until training has finished
- Clapham Rangers will cordon off a section of Clapham Common early on Saturday morning to ensure the children have enough safe space to train
- Clapham Rangers will have responsible adults nearby to ensure the 1:5 ratio of coach to children is strictly followed.
- Clapham Rangers will assess how busy the Common is and if the head coach assesses coaches, children and parents are unable to maintain safe distance training will stop
Important Information for Players
- Clapham Rangers will be undertaking training exercises only, we will not be undertaking any match play type activities
- Clapham Rangers will not use match goals in these sessions
- There will be absolutely no tackling in these sessions
- Clapham Rangers have created a training programme that ensure children are always able to remain at a minimum 2 meters apart however children must listen to coaches and personally adhere to this rule
- Clapham Rangers will follow strict hygiene measures with all equipment and will enforce a no touching of the ball policy
Important Information for Everyone
- Clapham Rangers expect all members, coaches and management to follow government guidance and if they (or their child) show any symptoms of COVID-19, they should NOT come to our sessions.