The Board of Clapham Rangers hopes you are all keeping safe and well and enjoying more time exercising outdoors with your family.
We are still planning to begin the new season in September, all subject, of course, to Government advice and guidance at the time. The welfare, health and safety of our players and everyone associated with the Club are paramount. We have also devised a fair registration plan which should limit any financial losses – to both the Club and parents – should we not be able to start in September. You can register next season in confidence you will not be out of pocket. More on that soon.
We are also keen to hear from parents and companies who would be willing to sponsor the Club. We are putting plans in place to improve the way the Club is run including better qualified coaches, hiring astroturf pitches for winter matches in case it rains and extending our bursary scheme for the less well off. Improvements cost money though.
If you can help please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In a nutshell this is what your sponsorship will support –
- Clapham Rangers is a grassroots football club formed in 2007
- We have 20 teams this season with over 240 players registered from U7s-U16s, reflecting the diverse community in which we live
- We run a hugely successful Saturday Development Centre with a membership of 350+
- In 2020 we launched our Girls Football Academy with a membership of around 50
- We are affiliated to the Football Association, London FA & London Saturday Youth Football League
- We are a not-for-profit organisation and we take pride in our charitable status (Registration Number 1188214)
- Clapham Rangers FC is run by volunteers – our board members and our Team Coordinators are all volunteers
- Unlike many other Clubs we pay our coaches for their time
Our ambition is to be south London’s most respected grassroots football club offering top quality coaching, exceptional role modelling to every child and young person who loves and wants to play the game
We are grateful for any contribution. There are also currently named and branded opportunities to sponsor teams – we currently have 20 teams spread over 10 year-groups. And, of course, bursaries where a £180 pledge would cover half of the annual fee for a player.
If you can help we would be pleased to hear from you.
A big thank you from the Board of Clapham Rangers.
Simon Millson, Chairman
Clapham Rangers FC