As you will be aware the situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) is very dynamic and changing almost by the day.
For the health of all our members CRFC asks all members, parents and guardians to follow Government advice that can be found on the Government website.
The following guidance is from the Government Website last updated 26 February 2020.
The UK Chief Medical Officers are advising anyone who has travelled to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau in the last 14 days and is experiencing cough or fever or shortness of breath, to stay indoors and call NHS 111, even if symptoms are mild.
Since 19 February 2020 if you have returned from Iran, specific lockdown areas in northern Italy as designated by the Government of Italy, ‘special care zones’ in South Korea as designated by the Government of the Republic of South Korea, Hubei province you should call NHS 111 and stay indoors and avoid contact with other people even if you do not have symptoms:
Since 19 February 2020 if you have returned from northern Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and develop symptoms, however mild, you should stay indoors at home and avoid contact with other people immediately and call NHS 111. You do not need to follow this advice if you have no symptoms.
Please advise your Coach or Team Coordintor should you not be available for training/matches in order that they can plan accordingly.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, everyday habits can help the spread of several viruses, which include the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.