- Type of Match: U13 Cup 11v11
- Result: 2-1 win. Jahvarn, Godwin
- Man of the Match: Gabriel
- Venue: Barn Elms Sports Ground, SW13 0DG
- Squad: Gabriel Baptiste-Halliday, Ephraim Bissmonu, James Des Voeux, Ruban Fouquet, Thomas Gordon, Godwin Igberaese, Talib Lebby, Ruban Pradhan, Rhys Read-Beche, Boris Shippey, Jahvarn Titre-Miller, Joel Walya
Clapham overcome a committed Sporting Duet to progress to the semi-finals of the league cup
Colts started brightly, winning the early challenges and getting passing moves going with Rhys playing a series of probing through-balls to the front three. Jahvarn and Godwin both had chances before James hit the crossbar from the edge of the box after being set up by Rhys. The lead came when Jahvarn latched onto Ruban’s throw, shrugged off his marker and smashed home at the near post. Gabriel saved well as Sporting worked an opening at the end of the half but Clapham’s territorial advantage was well worth a 1-0 lead.
Gabriel pulled off a superb stop two minutes into the second period when Sporting were clean through, coming forward and making himself big to deflect the shot wide. The next twenty minutes saw both sides press well to break up each other’s moves but fail to create any good chances before Godwin reacted first to a deflection in the Sporting box to turn and drill a low shot into the corner. Clapham then gained a bit more momentum with James and Jahvarn each going close. Sporting pulled one back towards the end but Clapham held on to advance to the semi-final.